Earth’s climate has changed throughout history. Changes that are thought to be affecting our global environment are the result of human activity. Rising global temperatures, warming oceans, shrinking ice sheets, rising sea levels, and extreme weather are dangerous results. Unless we address these issues, more landmass will become uninhabitable.
The current Administration has been hostile towards moving from fossil fuels to clean energy. In Congress, I will put forth solutions to get us on a path towards 100% clean energy:
- Provide tax credits to automobile companies to create fully electric cars.
- Reinstate the Electric Vehicle Tax Credit that will expire the end of the year
- Invest in rebuilding our highways for the future which will include solar panels, mapping sensors and electric battery recharges.
- Create grants to help American companies that work towards solutions that positively impact our planet. For example a company in Canada is currently working on Fusion energy. Fusion produces zero greenhouse gas emissions, requires less land than other renewable technologies and is inherently safe with zero possibility of a meltdown.
- Help restore and strengthen laws that the current administration reversed.